Tuesday 15 April 2014

Time Flies

Levi is 6 months old today.  

What?  

That’s crazy!  I can’t believe how fast these 6 months have gone.  There’s a saying that I came across when I first became a mom… “Days drag on, years fly by”.  I hadn’t fully understood this until these last few months.  I realize now that it is so true and I think all mothers would agree with me on this.  

Don’t get me wrong.  Not all days drag on.  Some are over just as soon as they start, but there are days that seem like they will never end!  It never fails, though, that each time I’m taking Levi’s month by month picture, I’m thinking “Where did the month go?  Why is the time flying by so quickly?”.  It seems like next time I blink, he’ll be running around exploring the world around him, then graduating high school, then fitting his tux for his wedding.  Oh dear.      

It’s a bit of a blur to look back on these 6 months, but there are a few things that stand out for me.  Holding him for the first time after giving birth is a highlight, as well as the first time we were allowed to hold him while he was in the NICU.  Seeing him smile for the first time, and hearing him laugh are also forever in my memories.  Watching him learn to roll over at 3.5 months made me one very proud mama, and hearing him babbling away is enough to put a smile on my face every day.  He is starting to sit on his own, and I’m sure before we know it he’ll be on the move and getting into everything!

He has blue eyes, long eyelashes and dimples like his daddy and so far, he has blond hair like his mommy (although this might darken, as Ryan’s did!).  He does not like to miss anything and enjoys being around company.  He loooves to eat, and clearly recognizes that his bottle means food!  He enjoys playing with toys, and has already chosen a few favourites such as Sophie the giraffe, a few stuffed animals and a little blue and orange ball that he got from his Uncle Jace.  

He is such a happy, content baby.  He has been sleeping through the night for several months now and it is easier and easier to put him down for his naps during the day.  He loves to smile and it doesn’t take much for him to light up with a delighted grin.  He is also very ticklish and will laugh and squirm if someone is tickling him.  He enjoys chewing on his toes, rolling over to get a different view and charming the socks off anyone who he lays eyes on.  I enjoy every minute that I get to spend with him, even if those minutes include cleaning up poopy diapers or holding him while he cries.    

He has been through a lot in his short little life, but he is a trooper and has handled all the curveballs like a champ.  He has several more procedures and surgeries to come, but I know he will handle them just fine.  

Ryan and I are enjoying parenthood and are having a blast raising this sweet little guy.  He is such a blessing in our lives and we thank God every day for giving us this precious gift. 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment