Wednesday 12 February 2014

The way life is


When I was researching cleft lip and palate before Levi was born, I read a few comments by mothers who have children with cleft.  A couple of them mentioned that they actually missed seeing their little one’s cleft lip after it was repaired.  When I read this, I thought to myself, “How could you miss something like that?  I’m excited for the day when our baby can have lip repair surgery!”  Now, it’s the day before Levi’s surgery, and I understand where these mothers were coming from.  When I look at Levi, I don’t see his cleft lip anymore.  All I see is a handsome little boy, with a wide, beautiful smile and my heart breaks a little bit knowing that after tomorrow morning, that smile will never look the same again.

It’s a hard thought to know that the little face I fell in love with 4 months ago will be completely different in less than 24 hours.  It’s not something I thought I would have to experience as a mother.  I also didn’t expect to be bringing my baby to the hospital for surgery at 4 months old.  Sometimes, that’s the way life is, though.  Sometimes, you’ve just got to sit back and trust that God’s got it all under control.  Because He does.  He’s good at that. 

Levi will go in for surgery at 8:00 am tomorrow morning, and the procedure will take approximately 2 hours.  We hope everything goes smoothly, and that his recovery is as quick as can be expected.

It’s comforting to know that there are lots of people praying for us as we prepare for Levi’s procedure tomorrow, and we thank you for your support.  Next time you see our little man, he’ll look a little different!!  (although still as adorable as ever J )

No comments:

Post a Comment