Wednesday 5 February 2014

We have a date!

Levi's lip repair surgery has been booked for Thursday February 13. We are both excited and nervous for this date. We've been waiting to hear when this surgery would be booked for and we are excited that a date has been set, but also nervous for our little guy. He's so small and innocent and it breaks my heart that he has to go through a surgery already.  I hope that everything goes smoothly, and pray that the end result will turn out well.  We have lots of family and friends that are supporting us in prayer, and we know that God will be with us as we go through this procedure.

Last year, on February 13, 2013 Ryan and I were enjoying a Caribbean cruise with two close friends, and on that particular day, we enjoyed some time on the beaches in Haiti.  We spent the day snorkeling and swimming and we had a great time in that beautiful country!  On one hand, I would much rather be back there next Thursday instead of heading to the hospital for a 6:30 am check in!  However, on the other hand, last year at this time, I was only just a few weeks along into my pregnancy.  Levi was just starting to develop in my tummy...  Now our son is here to enjoy, and I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world!

I'm not sure if I'm more nervous for the procedure itself, or the recovery and healing period afterward.  Because he will have stitches in his lip, he will have to wear stiff velcro 'sleeves' to prevent him from touching them.  I'm not exactly sure of the details on this, but I'm sure we will have more information in the coming days.  Levi has started becoming more and more active with his hands, and I'm hoping that this gentle restraint won't discourage him too much.  Feeding him will also be a bit different, and I hope that we will soon be able to learn what works best.

We know that God is in control and that He will be with us during these next few weeks... it's just hard to remember that sometimes!  Prayers are definitely appreciated as we get closer to this date and during the days after the surgery as we help Levi through the healing process.   

Thanks for reading!

 

1 comment: